It's that time of year again, Galentines Day! A day for badass ladies to celebrate eachother. So gather up your girl gang and plan out the ultimate day of pampering, relaxation, and laughing. Here's a guide on how to throw the best Galentines Day Party for you and your babes! Have fun, xoxo.
What is a Galentines day party without any drinks? Let’s celebrate with our girls and indulge in some tasty cocktails. Here are a few of our favorite recipes for your gang to try!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1 cup triple sec orange liquor
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 3 cups of ice
- 1 lime cut in wedge
Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec and ice in a blender. Pour into a large pitcher (or just keep it in the blender) and pour in the tequila, stir.
What you'll need:
- A sweet and fuity red wine
- Sprite Soda
- Fresh Fruits: lemon slices, lime slices, orange slices
- Frozen Fruits: peaches, strawberries, blueberries, and mango
Release all your creative skills on a mani and pedi. You have all day to mess up and re-do your nails until they look exactly like you want them too. If you have faux nails on as of right now, then take them off (right now!) and have some fresh nail canvas to work with on Galentines. Set up a nail bar with a bunch of nail decals
, glitter, nail polish, cotton balls, and nail polish remover. While your sippin’ on your Pink Grapefruit Margarita, be-dazzle your nails, and watch your movie of choice.
One thing we can all agree on, is the love we share for food. It can be any time of the day and I will be willing to eat. So, here is a recipe to a yummy parfait you can try with your gals.
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup blood orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Mixed Berry Smoothie:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Whipped Coconut Cream:
- 1/2 cup chilled unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup rasberries
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- For the Whipped Coconut Cream:
- In a small bowl whisk together the whipped coconut cream and the vanilla and then place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the Tapioca:
- In a small pot add the tapioca pearls and the coconut milk with the pinch of salt. Let it soak for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat onto medium high and let it come to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer the tapioca until it is thick, about 15 minutes. Add the blood orange juice and cook 2 minutes more. Then take the tapioca off the heat and set aside to cool. Stir the agave into the tapioca and let cool- it will firm up further.
- For the smoothie:
- Combine the banana, frozen berries and coconut milk and puree on high until smooth.
- To assemble the parfait: Place the cooled tapioca on the bottom of the bowl and then top with fresh strawberries and raspberries. Pour the smoothie over the top and then add the whipped coconut cream to the top. Garnish with fresh berries and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
A cult classic girl gang film always a good end to the evening. Don’t know what films would be ideal to watch on Galentines? No worries, we have you covered, we compiled a list of movies for you to watch with your girls.
TOP GIRL GANG MOVIES:
2. Mean Girls
3. Thelma And Louis
4. Pretty In Pink