Because we it's National Ice Cream Day and we are loving how sweet these treats can be during this LA heat, we want to show you some of our fav spots to go to in town!
1. Little Damage
700 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
2. Salt and Straw
829 E 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
3. Wanderlust Creamery
18511 Ventura Blvd, Tarzana, CA 91356
and if your are feeling like being a little creative, why not try a DIY ice cream treat to do?
(Below is a quick little recipe to make the ultimate Sunday treat!)
Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- 8 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook blackberries and 1 tablespoon of water for 10 minutes or until they are easily broken up with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend till there are no lumps left.
- Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Then in blender, mix cream cheese, milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
- In popsicle molds, pour in blackberry and cream cheese mixture. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 2 hours
(recipe by www.thenovicechefblog.com)