Inner-City Arts is a youth organization that offers art education to over 10,000 at-risk youth from LA public schools each year.
Located just east of downtown Los Angeles on the edge of Skid Row, the Inner-City Arts campus offers everything from Visual Arts, Dance, Theater, Music, Ceramics, Photography, Film Production, Graphic Design, Animation, & More
Join Valfré in supporting Inner City Arts and receive 10% OFF your order by donating $5, or rounding up your purchase to the nearest dollar amount at checkout.
WHY THEY'RE HERE
- Arts education levels the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries, improves student retention and reduces the achievement gap
- Professional development of teachers is an essential component of student academic achievement
- Teachers who receive training and support, including instruction in the arts, are more likely to remain in their profession
- Most students in California do not receive instruction in the arts even at the level required by state law
- 29% of California's public schools offer no study in any arts discipline
- Students who attend schools with high levels of poverty have the least access to arts instruction
- Children with limited English-language proficiency are at especially high risk of academic failure
- Only 48% of African-American and Latino students who start 9th grade graduate four years later
- Students in the Los Angeles Unified School District are among the nation's most at-risk to drop out of school